Our giving is ultimately to the all-seeing heavenly Father. Jesus said " When you give ………. your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you " (Matthew 6:3-4).When we give, we are not simply adding to the Church budget, we are giving a thank offering to God Himself.
The Bible teaches that Christian giving should be done in accordance with our means.
Paul is saying that you should give in proportion to what God has given you. 1 Corinthians 16:2
"For if the readiness is present, it is acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what he does not have" (2 Corinthians 8:12). St. Paul is saying that you should give in proportion to what God has given you. The Lord never asks us to give what we do not have, or contribute beyond our means.
Online is easier.
- It makes easier for you and for the parish to track your donations and give reports.
- If one day you can’t make it, you can still support your parish.
- It is becoming more popular especially with younger generations.
There are three ways you can make your donation :
- Contribute to your parish offertory by credit/Debit card.
Send an Interac e-transfer following these steps:
- From within your online banking application, set up the church as a contact using the email address: email@example.com
- Include a message to indicate where the donation should be applied (i.e., Support Fund, Building Fund, Mass Intention, etc…).
- Set up pre-authorized giving by downloading and printing the pre-authorized debit form: Pre-Authorized Debit Form
Complete and sign the forms, and then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.